Vocational Education and Training organisations can apply for both learner and staff mobility funding under Key Action 1.
What mobility activities are possible?
Each project can last either 1 or 2 years and organisations can apply for funding to support any of the following mobility activities within a project:
a VET traineeship abroad lasting from 2 weeks to 12 months
Funding can be used to support apprentices and students undertaking vocational training within an educational institution. Apprentices or vocational students who have recently completed their apprenticeship or course can also benefit from this opportunity – their training placement must take place within one year of their graduation.
teaching/training assignments – staff deliver teaching or training in a VET organisation abroad
staff training – staff undertake a work placement or job shadowing experience in a VET organisation abroad
Funding can be used to support staff engaged in VET activities, including support staff, managers, and guidance staff as well as teachers and trainers. Staff mobility activities can last from 2 days to 2 months, excluding travel time.
Who can apply?
Any organisation actively involved in vocational education and training can apply.
- A VET organisation sending learners and staff abroad;
- The coordinator of a national mobility consortium. Individuals cannot apply directly for a grant.
Eligible Participating Organisations
A participating organisation can be:
- any public or private organisation active in the field of vocational education and training (defined as a VET Organisation); or
- any public or private organisation active in the labour market or in the fields of education, training and youth.
For example, such organisations can be:
- a vocational education school/institute/centre;
- a public or private, a small, medium or large enterprise (including social enterprises);
- a social partner or other representative of working life, including chambers of commerce, craft/professional
- a public body at local, regional or national level;
- a research institute;
- a foundation;
- a school/institute/educational centre (at any level, from pre-school to upper secondary education, and including adult education);
- a non-profit organisation, association, NGO;
- a body providing career guidance, professional counselling and information services;
- a body responsible for policies in the field of vocational education and training.
Each organisation must be established in a Programme Country
VET Learner and Staff Mobility (KA102)
This action supports mobility of learners and staff in vocational education and training. Learners, apprentices and recent graduates can receive funding for a mobility period of up to one year at a VET provider or in a company abroad. VET staff can take part in job shadowing and teaching assignments in another country, and staff from enterprises may visit a VET provider to teach or provide training.
Application deadline (yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss – Brussels, Belgium Time): 2020-02-05 13:00:00 for projects starting on 1 June of the same year.